This is being done to protect our patients, staff and the public health. Our office remains open to serve your medical
needs as best as we can in these difficult times. If you call and no one is able to answer please leave a message. We
will return all calls as quickly as possible.
providers please call us and we will help arrange this. These visits are generally covered by insurance and many
insurers are waiving copays. Telehealth visits may be conducted via internet connected smartphone or tablet or via a computer
with webcam. If you are unable to access any of the above we may still be able to conduct a visit or virtual check-in via
telephone. To prepare for your virtual visit if you are able to, please do the following:
1. have a list of all medications you are currently taking (including the list of any you may need refilled)
2. if able, check your current weight
3. if able, check your pulse and blood pressure
4. if able, check your temperature
5. write down any specific questions you might have.
If you can provide and email, we will send you a link to a website that will take you directly into your providers virtual queue
or waiting room. You need only input your name and the provider will be with you as soon as possible.
If you do not have email access but do have internet access we can verbally provide
you with the link to type into a web browser on your device.
Regarding COVID 19 testing. Testing remains very limited. You may check with you County Department of Health…
Current Criteria for testing is as follows:
UPDATED Tue, March 24: Individuals who meet one or more of the following five (5) criteria will be eligible for testing:
• NEW: Persons of any age and with symptoms of sudden illness (such as fever OR cough OR shortness of breath OR loss of smell/taste AND including gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea OR vomiting OR diarrhea) with or without fever;
• UPDATED: First responders (law enforcement, fire, EMS, or dispatcher) AND concern for exposure to a patient with suspected COVID-19 OR symptoms of any sudden illness with or without fever;
• UPDATED: Health care workers providing direct patient care AND concern for exposure to a patient with suspected COVID-19 OR symptoms of any sudden illness with or without fever;
• Anyone with known or suspected direct contact to someone with COVID-19;
• Anyone who has been recommended by their doctor to get tested.
You can find a link to schedule testing through Montgomery County, PA at https://data-montcopa.opendata.arcgis.com/pages/covid-19 (under the “County Testing Information” tab)
Finally, our providers will remain on call after hours but they may be busy caring for hospitalized patients. When able, limiting
non-emergency calls for refills, referrals, etc. to regular office hours will help us serve those in the most need quickly and efficiently.
Montgomery County Medical Associates
Click below for links to additional information….
What to do if you are sick?
10 things you can do to manage your covid-19 symptoms at home.
Caring for someone sick at home.
We accept a variety of public and private insurance plans. Visit our Health Insurance page for details.
“The knowledge and skills of the physicians and nurse practitioners at MCMA made me feel confident and secure that I was receiving the best care possible. The staff treated me with a genuine concern, respect and sensitivity. I am pleased to have found such an outstanding medical group” -Huntingdon Valley, PA
Accepting New Patients
New patients receive a comprehensive physical with one of our Board Certified Physicians or Nurse Practitioners.
Our Medical Staff
Guy E. McElwain, M.D.
David L. Litt, M.D.
John M. Butler, M.D.
Dominick A. Galluzzo, M.D.
Melissa John, M.D.
Barbara Holdren, DrNP, C.R.N.P.
Heidi Gibbons, DNP, C.R.N.P
Julianne Rutz, C.R.N.P.
GOOD NEWS! In a recent quality performance review, our breast cancer screening rate was found to be up 11%.
We would like to thank all of our patients who have participated in our efforts to help you maintain your quality of health.
Montgomery County Medical Associates is an internal medicine and primary care practice whose mission is to provide compassionate, high quality medical and preventive care to the patients who place their trust and well being in this organization. We will strive to make each patient our number one concern as we provide accessible, high quality medical services by caring professionals. We will promote high quality care for our patients by providing services for treatment, by promoting wellness through preventive and educational services to all in a friendly environment. In partnership with our patients, we will strive for excellence in all that we do in order to maintain or improve the quality of their lives. We must be guided by the ancient aphorism in medicine: “To cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always” –William J. Gibbons, M.D., Founder